Time for Sunday Stealing! Read my answers, then copy the questions & answer them in your own blog! Be sure to add your link to the blog hop as well! By the way - at first glance these look like real "thinking" questions. And i'm really tired & ready for bed. I might have to come back to this later. We'll see. =P
1. What did you do in 2009 that you'd never done before?
Go to San Antonio for vacation. I'm sure quite a few other things, but that was the first thing I thought of!
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
My last year's resolution was to quit drinking coca-cola & i did it! I slipped up & had one or two, but considering i used to drink 8 or so a day - i'd say i succeeded! I always make resolutions - you can do them any time of year, i just like the idea of doing it on the first day of the year. I have no idea what mine will be this year. It needs to be "focus on healthy lifestyle" but that has been the goal since june & i'm making progress. ;) Will give my New Year's Resolution more thought later!
3. How will you be spending New Year's Eve?
I don't know yet. I imagine it will be with Brad's family or just the two of us. I told hubby when we get a house i want to host New Year's Eve parties because no one i know does this! So we could be the hosts! What we have now is too small. One day. ;)
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Mrs. Helen Funderburk. I am friends with her daughter (for 11 years now) & because of this became close to her parents as well. It was unexpected & i was heartbroken. i still can't believe she's not with us.
5. What countries did you visit?
Stayed here this year.
6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
A house!! Not sure if that will happen! We will see! =)
7. What date from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
11-14-09 was our one year anniversary!
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Sticking with my job no matter how stressful it got!
And losing 9 pounds! Not a lot but most years i gain. ;) Will lose more in 2010!
9. What was your biggest failure?
Um? What's that??? ;)
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
It seemed we were constantly sick in early 2009. Staph infection was the WORST.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Everything seemed to go towards repairs! ACK! My car & house stuff kept breaking. I think we got it all working properly now!
12. Where did most of your money go?
See last answer. Plus, debt.
13. What song will always remind you of 2009?
I don't know.
14. What do you wish you'd done more of?
15. What do you wish you'd done less of?
16. What was your favorite TV program?
17. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
I don't hate people.
18. What was the best book you read?
Oh, i read a TON this year. One book after another since 11/08! I would have to say my favorite was "In Search of Eden" by Linda Nichols.
19. What was your greatest musical discovery?
huh. Who knows.
20. What was your favorite film of this year?
I loved The Proposal. Christmas Carol in 3D was also fantastic!
21. What did you do on your birthday?
Had dinner at La Carreta! As usual! ;)
22. What kept you sane?
the thought that no matter how much i hated my job - eventually i would go home to a sweet loving husband who thinks the world of me & would wrap his arms around me to shut out the horrible day.
23. Who did you miss?
the graphias, rebecca in tennessee, my sister, mrs. helen
24. Who was the best new person you met?
i could not possibly answer this! I meet awesome new people constantly! Wendy at work is pretty awesome. Eleanor & some other King & I cast members as well!
25. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009:
Things are not as they seem!!!! Sounds simple, but some do not know this! (I shall blog about this one day!)
I hope you get your house in 2010 :)ReplyDelete
Cute! I hope you had a Merry Christmas!ReplyDelete
I want a house too! But it won't happen for a while...ReplyDelete
I'm So impressed that you quit drinking cokes! Was there a 12 step program you followed? If so please foward it to me..
Congrats on the anniversary! Our 1 year anniversary was on 11/11/09! I love your picture at the top!ReplyDelete
For the photos/collage I use photoshop to make it one image. MckMama has a tutorial as well on how to do it. Here is the link...http://www.mycharmingkids.net/2009/10/photo-layouts.html
She uses lightroom, but you can do it on more generic programs like Microsoft Publisher. Just input your photos and then drag your cursor over all the photos and group them together. Then just save as a jpg.
If all else fails, just send me the pictures and I can make you some collages!!!
Just saw your comment (from like, Dec. 12) about Coop! He's my absolute fave!! I wish I taught 10 more like him! :) He's an amazing kid.. well, not even really a kid!ReplyDelete