i actually took this picture. usually my food pics are crap so i borrow from google images.
But this one was decent, & besides you can see one of my Emma dishes!
I made this last week & it was pretty good. Just cooked up some pasta to go with it.
It was pretty good! Came from my Better Homes & Gardens New Cookbook.
1 smal onion, chopped (1/3 cup)
1 clove garlic, minced
1 T butter or margarine
1 14.5 ounce can of diced tomatoes, undrained
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1/8 teaspoon salt
dash of black pepper
1/4 cup snipped fresh basil
4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
1/2 cup seasoned fine dry bread crumbs
4 T grated Parmesan Cheese
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
1 egg, beaten
2 T milk
3 T olive oil or cooking oil
1/4 cup shredded mozzerella cheese (1 ounce)
1. For sauce - In a medium saucepan cook onion & garlic in hot butter over medium heat until tender. Cafeully stir in the undrained tomatoes, sugar, salt & pepper. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, about 10 minutes or to desired consistency, stirring occasionally. Stir in basil. Set aside; keep warm.
2. Meanwhile, place each chicken breast half between 2 pieces of plastic wrap. Using flat side of a meat mallet, pound chicken lightly to about 1/4 inch thick. Remove plastic wrap.
3. In a shallow dish, stir together bread crumbs, 3 tablepoons of the parmesan cheese, & the oregano. In a second dish, stir together the egg & milk. Dip chicken in egg mixture first, then in the crumb mixture to coat.
4. In a large skillet cook chicken in hot oil over medium heat for 2-3 minutes per side or until golden. Transfer chicken to a serving platter.
5. Spoon sauce over chicken. Top with mozzerella cheese & remaining 1 Tablespoon Parmesan cheese. Let stand 2 minutes or until cheese melts.