It is FRIDAY! Whew!!! :) Time for one of my favorite memes. If you wanna play along, link up here!
THANKSGIVING THEME. Yay. I heart Thanksgiving.
1. My thanksgiving plans this year will include a big huge amazing fantastic DELICIOUS meal with my husband, his parents, his sister & all the aunts, uncles & cousins on his dad's side. I love them! They are crazy, funny, & sweet & i love spending time with them! My sister & her fiance will be joining us, too! Super excited about that. My parents will be visiting family in Mississippi, and i will miss them. But it is sure to be a fun time!
2. My favorite thanksgiving was probably my first one as a married lady, 2008. We were VERY much newlweds, having just gotten back from the honeymoon a few days before Thanksgiving!
3. My signature thanksgiving dish is definitely Green Bean Casserole. At some point, i was the one who was "assigned" the Green Bean Casserole. Everyone says they LOVE how i make it so now i'm stuck with it every year. I don't mind, it's ridiculously easy...so easy that i think they are full of it when they say i make it the best! I think that is just a ploy to get me to do it! HA! I want to do another dish this year, too...maybe my mama's Sweet Potato Casserole...mmmmm, sooo good. Or maybe i will try a more adventurous GBC.....NAH!
4. My favorite thanksgiving food is definitely without a doubt my mama's sweet potato casserole. i also love the turkey, the dressing (i hated it as a kid, but i love it as an adult!), the crescent rolls, mmmm, all of it! Did i mention Thanksgiving is my favorite meal?
5. Thanksgiving Free Association! turkey.dressing.cranberry sauce.casseroles.crescent rolls.pies.family.laughter.love.
6. Thanksgiving is a time to get together with family & friends to celebrate everything we have to be thankful for...which is a LOT. It is a time to enjoy some of the best foods ever, too. I think it is quite possibly my favorite holiday. And, i kind of feel sorry for it - everyone wants to jump straight to Christmas!
6. I am thankful for my marriage to a man who is my best friend & soul mate, my in-laws who are funny & sweet, my parents & my sister, who are so easy to love & so fun to hang out with. My friends, who love me as i am & who encourage me to be even better. My relationship with a God who loves me & guides me every step of the way! Money to pay the bills & have some leftover, the cutest dog ever, fresh coffee every morning, free magazine subscriptions, reasonable people, my cozy bed....and a whole lot more... :)
I heart green bean casserole!!!!ReplyDelete
Try making the green bean casserole with Campbell's Garlic Mushroom soup instead of the plain kind....makes it extra yummy!ReplyDelete
Bec - that sounds delish!!! I will try that this year! :)ReplyDelete