i found this on Kate's blog & thought i'd join in!! She found it at Roots & Rings!
1. How did your parents decide on your name?
They just liked the name Melissa. They were also considering Rebecca. My middle name, Raye, is after my mom's best friend, Rae, who was killed by a drunk driver when they were 15, and her grandma, Ray, who died of cancer before i was born.
2. Do your initials (first/middle/last) spell anything funny?
Well, before i was married, they spelled MRP. Now they spell MPV. But if you do the traditional monogram, you put the last name in the middle (larger than the other two) so it's MVP. Most Valuable Player. Yeahhh. Haha.
3. Did you take your middle name from childhood or did you drop your middle name & take your maiden name as your middle name? (Or if unmarried, what do you plan to do?)
I dropped my middle name & made my maiden name my middle name. Just because my maiden name sounds so much better with my married name, i think.
4. Are you or will you name your children systematically? (ie, same first letter, same origin, etc)
Nah...i think that was more in our parent's day... i don't know a lot of people that do that anymore.
5. Did you decide on baby names as a little girl? Did you stick to them or change your mind?
I always had my baby names planned. I remember wanting to name a daughter Hailey & later i loved the name Alayna. I still like those names but have other ones in mind for our children.
6. Does your family have any names that have been passed down through generations?
No, don't think so...
7. Do you look at the meaning of the name or just the name itself?
I love name meanings, but honestly if it comes down to it, i will probably pick a name i love over one i don't like as much because it has a good meaning. For example, we LOVE the name Mariah, but it means "bitter". Obviously i don't want my child to be bitter, but that name is just gorgeous!! My current favorite girl name is Reina, which is Spanish for "queen". I don't really want THAT going to my kid's head either haha. I'd love a name with a wonderful spiritual meaning, but i'm having a hard time finding a name i LOVE that has that kind of meaning. My name means Honeybee...in case you're wondering.
8. Do you name pets with human names or pet names?
Pet names! I like it both ways, though, depending on the name & the pet! My dog's name is Fievel.
9. Are their any names that you have an affinity or dislike for based on a childhood experience/someone you once knew?
I'm sure i do, but i can't think of any at the moment! So nothing too bad i guess!
10. What are some of your favorite names & why?
I love the names Reina, Mariah, Alayna, Kate, Charlotte & Hannah for a girl.
I love Hudson, Sawyer, Taylor, Judah, Nathan & Logan for a boy.
I gotta run!!! Have a wonderful day!
This is so fun! I'm going to have to do this later this week! I've had my favorite name for a long time now, and we've adjusted it to fit us as a couple. We're set on two names! And, I hate what my name means. It means bound or tied. Not fun. :)ReplyDelete
MVP!!! What what haha. I love it!ReplyDelete
The meaning of my name flat out sucks, "a clear, brilliant glass" So not cool!