These were so delicious. I hope you like guacamole. Because i never thought of it on a turkey burger but ohmygoodness. It just *made* the burger. SO GOOD.
This is from my "Eat This Not That: supermarket version" cookbook. There are some recipes in the back that tell you which ingredients to get to make it the healthiest.
1 pound ground turkey
4 slices Sargento Reduced Fat Swiss
4 Nature's Own Whitewheat Hamburger Buns
4 Tablespoons wholly guacamole
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
4 Tablespoons Ortega chopped green chiles
2 sliced tomatoes
1 sliced red onion
1. Mix the turkey, salt & pepper & shape into 4 patties.
2. Preheat a grill, grill pan or cast iron skillet. Cook the patties over medium-high heat until lightly charred on the outside, about 4 minutes, then flip. (I cooked mine in a cast iron skillet. At one point, i put it in the oven on broil because they weren't cooking fast enough!) Place a tablespoon of the chiles on each patty, then cover with a slice of swiss cheese. Cook until the patty is firm, about 8-10 minutes total.
3. Dress buns with tomato & onion slices, top with burger & slather with the guacamole.
Makes four servings.
* i didn't use the chiles. I was also out of the swiss, so i used shredded mozzerella.
* the reason they suggest the "whitewheat" is because they're the best version of not 100% whole wheat you can get, if you just aren't loving whole wheat. They pack 5 grams of fiber in each bun. 100% whole wheat is even better. :)