Time to fill in some blanks... the theme is: SUMMER
1. One of my happiest moments ever was waking up next to my husband on our first morning as husband & wife. We were at a bed & breakfast for two whole days, with a 7-day honeymoon cruise ahead of us. Ahhhh. Pure bliss & love & contentment. And quiet after all that wedding
2. Summer is wedding season & weddings are so much fun! Especially the one I went to last weekend! Got to visit lots of friends, hear some amazing music & we got up that dance floor, too. SO MUCH FUN. I love weddings. It's like a free date night!
3. This summer has been HOT & HUMID. I know...it's Louisiana...big shocker. But even April & May were hotter than usual this year. June was suffocating! However, this week & last week we've had a LOT of rain, which has lowered those temps quite a bit. Still pretty humid, though! Yuck!
4. My summer food of choice has been FRESH PINEAPPLE. Hands down, best fruit ever!
5. My summer uniform has been just like any other season because unfortunately, i still gotta work! Slacks, cute top & open-toe shoes. Too bad we can't wear flip-flops to work! I wear flip-flops with whatever cool outfit i can find at home, which usually means comfy shorts or capri's with a tee & flip-flops! When I have nowhere to be & no company coming, i've taken to wearing those thin/short silky nighties around the house! HAHA. It's just too hot for anything else! Even though we do keep that a/c running!
santa monica pier, google images
6. If I could spend the entire summer in one location, I would choose Santa Monica, California. I've been there once & it is just LOVELY. It's gorgeous! It has outdoor shopping/eating & right nearby is the BEACH. Gorgeous. I love it. (That's of places i've already visited. I think there are places i want to visit that would be nice too. Like Monterrey, CA or Myrtle Beach, SC.)
7. My summer anthem is ... well, now, Lauren's got "My Girl" in my head. That's definitely a good one! I also still have "At Last" stuck in my head from last week's wedding. And of course, "Summer Lovin'" from Grease.
I love wedding season! Monterey is one of my favorite places! I can't wait to until we can visit because Dylan's never been. I would love to live there!ReplyDelete
I'm with you on the yuck of the heat and humidity. I'm honestly getting super excited for fall to get here. I feel like a kid in a candy store every fall. I love all things fall.ReplyDelete