Awhile back, Katie
tagged me in this little game thing. I love these things, to be quite honest with you, and I haven't done one in awhile. Please participate if I tag you! It'll be fun! Haha!
(Don't worry, I will not tag you to play if she already did!)
1. You must post the rules.
2. Post 11 fun facts about yourself on the blog post.
3. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post, and then create 11 new questions to ask the people you've tagged.
4. Tag 11 people and link them on your post
5. Let them know you've tagged them!
[11 fun facts about moi]
1. I love left-handers. I don't know why that is. I just do.
2. I also think people who take their coffee black are super cool. I might already think you are cool & then notice you take your coffee black. And suddenly you are even cooler than I thought. That's just the way it is. (I do not take my coffee black. I wish I could, because it's cool. (And healthier.))
3. I am often told I look like Reese Witherspoon. This is a huge compliment to me, but I wish people would leave it at that. When they add, "Has anyone ever told you that?" or "I bet you get that all the time, don't you?", I start feeling a little awkward. If i say, "yes", it just sounds a bit like I'm trying to flatter myself. And I hate it when people do that. But if i say no, I'm lying.
4. I get a lot angrier at inanimate objects than I do at people.
5. I dream of having a house with a wrap around porch & a hammock. And a backyard with a fence. And lots of cabinet space in the kitchen. And lots of storage. And nice floors. And walk-in closets. And one of those tubs with the claw feet. And a library, just a little one. You get the idea, right?
6. I make lots of silly faces. My husband believes my face is made of silly putty.
7. I sometimes feel sad that the whole world cannot experience how incredibly funny my husband is. I was crying from laughing last night. Nobody sees this side of him (except his family), because he's pretty reserved in public. What a shame!
8. I LOVE to read. For whatever reason, I prefer fiction to nonfiction. I don't believe anything is wrong with fiction, but i sure do wish i could fly through nonfiction just as quickly.
9. I wish everyone understood that many skinny people are just as unhealthy as fat ones. People do not believe this. But it's true. EVERYONE should work on their health.
10. I still want to move to Savannah, Georgia or Charlotte, North Carolina. But I would settle for Natchitoches (nacho toe cheese), Louisiana. Why? Because they're CUTE.
11.The following phrases annoy me: That is all, But I digress, FML. (There are a lot more, but I can't remember them right now.) There is nothing wrong with these sayings (other than FML) if they actually fit into what else is being said. I am finding, however, that people are using these phrases to sound clever, when it doesn't actually work with what is being said. Instead of sounding clever, it sounds like it's copied from someone who did sound clever when they wrote it. Am I making any sense here? It bothers me! These are perfectly fine sayings, just over used.
On Grey's Anatomy, in an argument, the characters often say, "You don't get to say that!" when they feel that what the other person said was unfair. It's a great line, but it annoys me because it is so over used. This is a mistake on the writer's part. Each character should have their own character flaws, sayings, quirks, etc. "You don't get to say that!" should come from one character, because that is their "thing" to say. Not every single character whenever there is an argument. It's bad writing. (I love that show, but I'm just saying.)
Side note: "I'm just saying" does not bother me because it is usually funny & works with what is being said. The other ones never sound like they work to me. It always sounds like the author trying to be clever.
That is all.
HA! I used one! See? It worked, I think, but it still annoyed me!
That was way too long & probably made no sense. Moving on!
1. If you could only own cats or only own dogs for your entire life, which would you choose?
DOGS, hands down. I am just now starting to kinda sorta maybe like cats, but it is still nowhere CLOSE to how much i love dogs.
2. What was the last sleep dream you had that you can remember?
I dreamed a good friend of mine was pregnant. She & her husband told me the news. It was good!
3. If you had no fear of failure, what would you try?
I would definitely finish a novel, starting with one of the many I have already started that sit in notebooks under my bed. I would also get some headshots done & start auditioning.
4. If you could save only one photograph, which would it be?
I don't like this question. Can i save my entire wedding album?
5. Deserted Island: What three books would you take?
The Bible, a good piece of chic lit, & "How to not lose your mind on a deserted Island". Surely there is a book with that title.
6. What skill do you wish you had & why?
I wish I were a dancer. Because it's BEAUTIFUL & has to feel so freeing!
7. What is your favorite meal to cook?
I like cooking. Anything. But soups are easy. I like just throwing stuff in a pot, and you can do that with soup. :)
8. How long does it take you to get ready to go out of the house?
An hour. I can do 30-45 minutes, but it's not very fun & I'm certainly not at my best!
9. What is your favorite childhood memory?
Exploring/playing in the woods/neighborhood with my friends. Family vacations. Opening Christmas presents early & then re-wrapping them so i wouldn't get caught! HA!
10. Deserted Island: What 3 movies do you take? (It's a strange island that has a working dvd player.)
Sleepless in Seattle, The Proposal, The Help
11. How long on average does it take you to read a book?
A few weeks? Gone are the days where I could just fly through them! Adult life = responsibilities!
[The Chosen 11]
(Some of you may not give this the time of day, and that is okay. Even though it'd be really fun to read it!!! A couple of you are brand new to blogging, so if you do not have 11 people to tag, that's okay with me.)
[Questions for The Chosen 11]
1. What are your biggest pet peeves, not including traffic issues? (We all have traffic issues.)
2. If you could go on an all-expense paid vacation & take one person, who would you take & where would you go?
3. If you could do anything you wanted for your next birthday, what would you do? (Money is no object & everything is okay to eat!)
4. What is your favorite play or musical? If you do not have one, how are we friends? (Totally kidding. I don't watch football, it all evens out!)
4. What are some of your favorite girl names? Favorite boy names?
5. What is the biggest lesson you have learned in life?
6. What is your favorite recipe? (Link please!)
7. What is the last book you read? Did you enjoy it?
8. Who is your favorite author or speaker?
9. Which bloggie friends do you hope to meet in real life?
10. What is your nervous habit?
11. What do you hope will happen (that could happen!) in 2012?
Well, that was fun! (Time for bed.)